Before talking about marketing consulting, let’s talk a little about digital marketing.
Digital marketing is a fascinating field that evolves very quickly.
The number of innovations, tools, and options is constantly increasing, and with them the opportunities online.
However, many times there is no distinction in “digital marketing” between the “marketing” to the “digital” part.
The “digital” part includes mainly the fields of SEO, SEM, SMM, etc, and before it, there is and should be “marketing”.
What is Marketing?
There is no one definition that everyone will agree on, one of them is “Providing value while making a profit”.
In the end, a business that creates true value with its product/service will probably succeed in the long run.
On Value and Market Compatibility
To better understand the value we provide, we can use Wh Questions:
- What is the value we provide? What do we “really” sell? The Unique Value Proposition (USP).
- Who do we want to create value for? Our target audiences.
- Why do we want to create value? A bit philosophical but also important.. to act from your vision, long-term view, etc.
- How we create value? What product/service are we going to provide? What will be in the package and what will the cover look like?
All these questions are part of an internal analysis of the company.
They create clarity about why we wake up in the morning and ideally underlie every activity.
Things start to get complicated when we start to realize that we are not on a lonely island, and there are a market and competition that we need to be compatible with.
Therefore, the first marketing question that is usually important to answering is whether it is possible to create differentiation and generate revenue/ if there is a match between your value/product/service to the market you want to operate in.
On Value and Innovation
If this is an innovative product that meets a need that has yet to be addressed (rare) then you have probably played it.
If the way the product/service meets the need is the innovation, then it is important to have some added value in comparison to the alternatives.
By the way, it is not at all obvious that there is a clear value proposition (according to the questions above).
Many times, startups and/or B2B companies develop something cool because the technology is cool and the entrepreneurs are engineers.
There is no clear definition of the value and how the technology is going to be applied in the market or how they are going to make money.
According to all these marketing consulting usually comes to answer 2 general questions:
- What is my value proposition and is there a fit for the market in which I want to operate?
- Assuming the answer is yes to the first question .. how am I effectively going to do marketing?
The beauty about these 2 questions is that the clearer and more correct the picture about the first question, the easier it will be to answer the second. This is exactly where the “marketing” part connects to the “digital” part.
Therefore, marketing consulting should create a clear picture of the value we give and what marketing problems we face, in relation to the market and competition.
Once we understand the starting point and determine where we want to go, we can start thinking about goals and objectives, marketing strategy, and marketing plan.
Interested in a Simple & Actionable Marketing Plan? Marketing Consulting?
We will be happy to talk and hear more
Types of Marketing Consulting Services
The main marketing consulting services we offer:
- Digital Marketing and Growth Strategy – What are the right courses of action in your digital marketing to meet the marketing goals you have set? What are the infrastructure and digital assets required? What opportunities exist in your market? What are the targets and goals of the activity? How would you calculate the return on investment (ROI) from the activity? How do you generate awareness, preference, and purchase intent? What is your marketing funnel? What is your penetration strategy? Go to market strategy? Your KPIs?We will define all of these and more to produce a compass for your digital activities.
- Building a Digital Marketing Plan – What are you practically going to do? Which marketing channels do you intend to operate in? How will you measure the activity? How exactly will you reach your target audiences? What is your content strategy? keyword strategy? At the end of the process, you will have a simple & actionable digital marketing plan.
- Customer Personas & Target Audiences Analysis – Who are your target audiences? According to which segments can they be defined? What are their pains? their problems? Where and when does their need for your product/service arise? How can you find them online? An accurate understanding of your target audiences is one of the most important key success factors.
- Lead Generation Activity – What leads do you want to get? From whom exactly? In what quantities and for what products/services? How does everything align with the marketing goals and objectives you have set? How will you rate the quality of the leads (Lead Scoring)? What tools will you use to receive and manage the leads? What actions will you take to nurture your leads (Lead Nurturing)? Which channels will participate in the process? What digital assets do you need to carry out the ongoing lead generation activity? How will you synchronize with the sales team? We will design together, an oiled machine that will get you loads of MQLs and make your salespeople work overtime.